The Cognetik Cloud Connector is getting a major UI redesign, making it easier for analysts, marketers and BI practitioners to interact with the platform while keeping the same functionality and features.
The new Cognetik Cloud Connector Wizard Edition will break down the user journey and simplify the process across all touchpoints. It is designed to be intuitive, to guide and help users understand what they need to do at every step of the way.
The new, user-friendly interface will replace by default the old query. However, the old platform will still be available in the advanced settings, for users who are already familiar with it and want to keep using the legacy version.
With the Wizard Edition, users will have a more structured interface that will guide them to intuitively choose the data sources, link the credentials and profile, choose the dimensions/metrics/segments they need, and pick a date range.
1. To use the Cognetik Cloud Connector, first Login to Tableau, go to More and choose Web Data Connector.
2. In the popup window that appears, click on the URL box in the center of the screen and enter tableau.cognetik.com for the Cognetik web data connector. Hit Enter.
3. The Wizard Edition will get you through the process in a few simple steps. First, you need to choose your Data Source. You can pull in data from sources like Google Analytics, Google Ads, DoubleClick, Facebook Pages, Facebook Ads, YouTube, Bing Ads, and Kochava and others.
Choose the cloud data source you want to use, and then Go to the next step.
4. After you choose your provider, you need to select a credential in the drop-down menu. Since you can link multiple accounts for the same platform, this gives you the option to select which credentials you want to use.
Under ‘Account,’ choose one of the Google Analytics profiles your credential has access to (if there are more than one), and choose the property and profile you need to extract data from.
Keep in mind that only one credential per query can be used. However, you can link as many credentials as needed for each provider.
Once you choose the credentials, proceed to choose the specifics.
You can select the Account, the Property and the Profile you want to pull data from.
A credential can be linked to multiple accounts. Select the account that’s going to be used to retrieve data.
Same goes for choosing the property and user profile: you need to choose the property and user profile that are going to be used to retrieve data.
* In case you don’t have any credentials linked yet, or you want to link a new credential, scroll to the bottom of the list and choose “Add a new credential”.
5. Once you have set up your credentials, you can move on to choose the metrics and dimensions you want to use.
You can choose a combination of metrics and dimensions from the ones provided in the drop-down menu.
Keep in mind that these are provided by the Google API (in this specific case), and Cognetik has no control over the selection of metrics and dimensions that are displayed. The connector acts like a pipeline that transfers data from your platform in Tableau without processing it.
Not all combinations of metrics and dimensions work. Each dimension and metric has a scope, so it only makes sense to combine dimensions and metrics that share the same scope.
You also have the option to select a segment you created in Google Analytics.
- After you chose the metrics you want, it’s time to choose the granularity. In terms of Data Range, you can choose between Presets, Custom Dates, Fixed Start or Date Expressions.
Check out here how to customize the date for refreshable dashboards in Tableau with Date Expressions.
Once you’re finished, click Done. Your query will be loading and you will be able to see your data.
If you still want to use the legacy version, we provide the option to Switch to Advanced Mode. By doing so, you can go through the process by using the old interface.
With our Cloud Connector, you can bring all your data together into one unified view by seamlessly connecting with all your cloud data sources. Integrating your data across all channels provides you with more opportunities for smart decision-making and transformational insights.
If you want to know more about the Cognetik Cloud Connector, check out our product page and plans. We’d love to hear from you, so let us know if you have any questions, and our team will reach out to you.